Wednesday, April 8, 2009

*nothing to do with Family updates*

ok so I set this blog up to be a family update kind of thing, well today it is basically me clearing my head in a written manner... I am much better at the written word than the spoken word :) SOOOOO if you were expecting a fun family update you're only going to get me rambling!!!! ENJOY!!!!

For the 8 long years that I have been married into the military,I have come to the realization that it is basically a grown-up version of high school... it's all based on rank and status. It's a hard situation for making friends... even though it shouldn't be b/c the ones who are wearing the rank our the hubbies NOT the wives (but that doesn't stop us) So having been around this situation for 8 years you'd think I'd be a pro at making friends... HA HA HA sadly NO! I join groups, volunteer and I still get labeled by my husband's rank .... I might as well wear a red sticker on my forehead and have a shirt that says yeah he's enlisted on the front and what are you gonna do about it on the back! that's a good idea, I may start production, lemme know if you want one!!!!! ha ha ha ha I'm suuuure they'll be a hot seller! Come to think of it I have seen a wife jogging around my neighborhood that has a shirt that says b/c the GYSGT said so...... Guy needs to get promoted so I can ask her where she got it from :) Anyways off course a little..... I'm ok with him being enlisted... he has busted his butt, he constantly seeks to improve his skills and does his job well, he has gotten a degree and managed to be on the Dean's List all while working more than the average joe's 40 hour work week...... Ok we're getting off topic here I need to re-group! What I'm getting at is I'm proud as shit of my hubby BUT that doesn't mean I label myself by what HE has accomplished, I have done nothing to earn what he has. I maintain our household, I support him and his unit but that doesn't make me top dog..... it doesn't make ANYONE top dog. We are all spouses, all we did was marry a man we love and doing that doesn't give us power or a title. Sure there is a chain of command.. FOR THE GUYS... it doesn't mean I can't be friends with a PFC's wife or a MGYSGT's wife, or a CAPT's wife, I can be friend's with the CO's wife. We are all WIVES we all miss our hubby's when they deploy,we all have the same fears, we are all proud of them, we all cry the same tears, but mostly importantly we are all wives. We are a special group, no one else can ever understand what military wives go through better than another military wife. We should be there for each other as friends... I bet if we all stepped back outside of the label we have given ourselves we could see that an avi's wife, a flightline's wife, a maintence control's wife, an airframer's wife and a pilot's wife all have one thing in common our husband's serve our country we all miss them the same as the next wife. We all cry when our hubby's leave we all notice the empty chair at the dinner table we all experience these things at one point or another. The guy's all work together toward a common goal why can't we as wives let go of our self given titles and work on being friends?!?!?
I am no expert on this topic, I am self proclaimed hermit :) but I'd like to be an expert I'd like to say I have made friends regardless of rank and/or status but I find it hard for other wives to see my point of view and HONESTLY believe in it! You all can talk the talk,but can you walk the walk? Who knows, maybe this blog will start a revolution.... a revolution of wives being wives and not being worried about OMG is she gonna see me with that (insert husbands rank) wife. While I'm almost 100% sure I'm not going to see that revolution anytime soon it would be nice and even if hundreds upon thousands of wives don't jump on my bandwagon, I am one person and one person CAN change and by me changing maybe others will follow suit :)

Now please don't take offense to this post, I'm sure I'm going to get angry phonecalls and/or nasty looks and if you go back and re read I did not exclude myself from any descriptions I said US...... and if you still take offense,then maybe it's time to re evaluate yourself and see how you could change.......

No comments:

Post a Comment