Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stuff











So we are well into soccer season and it's going good. The schedule keeps me very busy but that's a good thing... since Guy's been on nights it's been tough around here. Anyways, Colyn is in his 3rd season playing and he continues to improve each day. This is his first year playing at SWSC, he was a JASA the previous years but logistically this year we needed to move him closer to our house. I was very unsure at first because SWSC is so different from JASA but his coach has turned out to be very good and the program seems to be very focused on improving the kids skills. We have also made the decision to let him play in the fall as well as the spring. I was worried about it exhausting him but the older he gets the more he seems to want to do.
Regan on the other hand isn't "into" team sports..... she loves playing soccer with Colyn, she loves practice but when it comes to the games she wants no part of them. It's kind of disappointing she doesn't like the games because she is very good. I'm sure every parent thinks that, but her coach has been having her practice with her husband one on one because in her coach's words "she's beyond the basics she has to teach the other kids." Which was awesome to hear but knowing that Regan won't play is really disappointing. Maybe it's the age.... 3 years is definitely really young to try "organized sports" but I thought it'd be fun for her because she has so much energy. So for now she has to stick it out, I told her she has to finish the season before she can decide what else she'd like to try. While some people say that's mean and/or bad parenting, I look at it as teaching her she can't quit everything she tries if it doesn't work out her way.
Other than soccer we really don't have much going on..... car repairs,a little painting and remolding but nothing too exciting! Hope everyone is well and gearing up for Spring cleaning... I know I am!!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment